Saturday, December 13, 2008

November

I know I have gotten lazy at posting. My New Year's Resolution will be to keep this blog updated more frequently. November was an exciting month. It started off with the most awesome concerts I've ever been to- NEW KIDS ON THE BLOCK!!!
THEN

NOW

I got to relive my life as a 13 year old all over again. If anyone has ever seen Music and Lyrics, well, it was alot like that- A bunch of 30+ year old women who looked like they got a shot of raging teenage hormones injected into their bodies. My wonderful brother, Christian, treated Courtney and I to seats on the floor only 16 rows back to swoon over our childhood crushes. Our room was literally wall papered with Bop and Big Bop posters of NKOTB. We were in their fan club and I discovered my poetic side as I wrote poetry of my undying love for Joey Joe. I don't know if Christian was making restitution for the time he said he didn't tape them doing a special appearance on the Mickey Mouse Club, and I swore I wouldn't talk to him for a week, despite reminding him every 5 min., or if he was resurrecting his childhood dream to see them live in concert? WHo knows but a big thanks and love goes out to him. Now if he just burns the incriminating evidence that he video taped of me coming close to tears as NKOTB enterd the stage, and almost getting into a scuffle along with my sister as we rushed the stage that would be greatly appreciated. Anyway- Best concert in my entire concert going history which includes- NKOTB '90, Wierd Al Yanckovich and the wiggles. Not a tough list to top but amazing none the lest.
Next on my list in Nov.- TWILIGHT. THE MOVIE! I hope I don't betray my loyalty to Edward, when I say I hated it. It was pretty much what I expected- Cheezy, high school dialog that lacked the depth and intensity of Edwards and Bella's relationship in the book. They flew right threw all the important things. And I didn't end up liking rob patterson as Edward . Big disappointment.
Next- Thanksgiving- For the 1st time in close to 4 years my entire family was together. Cameron and his Fiance Sarah came down from Vegas as did Jason too. We had a great time with my folks and jsut had fun being together.
We blessed Savannah on Thanksgiving weekend and enjoyed having everyone on both sides of the family there to celebrate.
Here are some pics of the last month... NKOTB pics to be posted at a later date.
Self explanatory-Beck fell face first in a mud puddle

Mama and Papa snap a quick pic while the kids were awake and happy

Enemies by day best friends by night

The Smith Family Thanksgiving 2008

1 comment:

Candice said...

I am SO glad someone else feels the same way I do about the Twilight movie. ;)
Sounds like you had a busy and fun November. I can't believe you got to go to a NKOTB concert, I am so jealous!!! Have a very Merry Christmas!!!!