The day finally came. After 9 long months, Rory and I went to the hospital at 2:30, Sunday afternoon. The hardest thing about this labor was just the waiting. I have something called Strep B, which could be passed on to the baby at the time of birth. It requires antibiotix that have to be in my system for 4 hours before the baby is born and since my labors are only 4 hours long anyway, they decided not to start me on potossen or break my water until after the 4 hours were up. So the 1st 4 hours was a bunch of waiting and anxiousness. After being on the antibiotix for 4 hours, they tried to break my water, but with no luck, So they decided to give me my epideral and start me on potossen for a while. After being on the potossen for about 40 min. they were able to break my water and 40 min. later I was ready to push. The worst pain through out the whole experience was the I.V. and epideral needle. Other than that I couldn't feel a thing. It only took 6 pushes before we welcomed Savannah into this world, and we were relieved to see a healthy, beautiful, little girl. Here's baby Savannah-7lbs. 12oz. 20in. long.



Ellie is a proud big sister!

Beck sharing his chips with Savannah

Austin checking out his little sister
12 comments:
I am so excited for you! Yay that you got your other girl. Congrats - she is beautiful. I'm glad everything went so smoothly!
Thanks for finally posting the pictures!! She is definately a beautiful little baby girl! Ellie looks so happy to have a little sister around. Hopefully we'll be able to see little Savannah soon. Carrie get all the sleep you can while the other kids aren't there! Love you guys!
Congrats, you guys! She is adorable. We sure miss hanging out with you guys...ahhh, good times. Take care of those little ones. It looks like you have a few big helpers. :) They grow so quickly don't they. Best wishes!!!
Dwight and Candice
You are such a lucky momma! She is cute and snuggly!
Congratulations!!! She is so beautiful! I couldn't believe it was already time . . . I'm sure you felt quite the opposite:) I fully believe that Heavenly Father makes it so that by the end of the 9 months you are ready and willing to do whatever it takes to get that baby out of you!!!
She is so cute...can't wait to meet her in person. I want to bring you dinner...let me know a night that works for you.
YEA!!! I am so glad to see pictures...she is BEAUTIFUL! But what else could she be!??! Ellie looks so excited for a sister! That is super cute! She is going to be such a good helper! Congrats you guys...she is a doll!
So happy to see photos of Savannah! Congratulations!
She is a cutie! Congrats!
Congratulations! She is beautiful!
Congrats on the new baby girl. It seems like we just had ours and she is already 6 months old, it goes so fast, enjoy every min. of her. I also saw your rooms they look great. I am still doing the vinyl lettering and I would love to do something as a gift for the baby. Let me know if you are interested. Love ya, Colleen & Dave
Congratulations! I am so happy for you. She's beautiful and I love your name choice. I hope I get to meet her at christmas!
Post a Comment