Austin's room on the other hand was a nightmare I thought would never end. His room had a Harely Davidson theme, unfortunately I didn't take before pictures, so let me briefly describe it for those of you who haven't seen it. From the middle of the wall down, on all 4 walls, it was painted orange and black, textured too. Along the top of the paint was a wall paper border of motorcycles and in the middle of the wall across from the entrance was a LARGE wall paper Harley Davidson sign. First thing first was to scrape off the wall paper and then came the hard stuff-sandpapering the textured paint. It took a couple of weeks, but then the fun began-painting- Ok painting wasn't fun, but I am happy with the results. The only missing is another bed for Beck who will be joing Austin within the next week. Here's the boys room...
6 years ago
6 comments:
they both look great! Austin's room is a HUGE improvement from the harley davidson days.
I can't wait to meet miss savanah! it's crazy how scary and dramatic this pregnancy was and now it is almost over. Good Luck - post pictures of the new little one!
Carrie, called Rory (still don't have your new number!) to see if you need any help (meals, babysitting, etc..) We're praying that all goes well for you and can't wait to meet little Savanah. I love the new rooms--you did a wonderful job! If you're interested, there's a neat company called 'uppercase living' (www.uppercaseliving.com) that sells decorative vinyl quotes, flourishes, etc. When we move I'm buying a few of their designs for our home! You may find some cute quote ideas from their examples.
Hang in there and let us know if we can help in any way...
Traci
Good job Carrie- it looks great!
I absolutely love the girls bedroom! I can't believe you're going to have another girl in a few days!
Austin's room looks a million times better. I can't believe that you got all of that done before Savannah was born!
carrie...wow!! You did such a great job on their rooms! We are in the process of moving the girls into the same room and getting a new bed for Brooklyn and cute girly matching stuff! I am also doing a pink/brown theme! I love it! Good job and good luck this weekend! :)
The rooms look fantastic! I can't believe the difference a little paint, ok a lot of paint, and an inordinate amount of creativity can do. Both rooms look very warm, inviting, and cosy. The perfect spots for your children to play and snooze. The freddie fam is hoping for pictures of Savanah...soon??
Post a Comment