Yesterday Ellie had a playdate with one of her friends. While I was out of the room they got into the stereo equipment and blasted a song almost blowing the speakers, and if anyone has ever heard how much Rory cherishes his sound system as if it were his 4th child, they know that would be a bad thing. I quickly turned down the music and calmly but firmly laid down the law- DON'T TOUCH THE STEREO. Ellie's friend rolled her eyes and they went off to Ellie's room where the following conversation took place...
Friend- "why did you choose your family to live with? You should've chosen to live with my family."
Ellie- "I wanted to live with my family. I love them lots."
I was ready to sock the kid for even suggesting such a thing, but when Ellie responded with such decicissiveness and without hesitation it made me think I must be doing something right if she wants to stick around.
I know the church doesn't take an official stance on wether or not we chose our family in the preexistence, but at Rory and mine's sealing the sealer said that our children were also present in the sealing room. I know now that if I could have hand picked my own children in the preexistence I would have without hesitation picked Ellie, Austin and Beck,(and maybe one more hint, hint Rory)! They are amazing and I love them "more than Butterfingers".
6 years ago
1 comment:
oh my goodness!! What a friend...isn't it funny...I always wonder where in the world kids get what they say from?? I have heard some amazing things from Kylee and her little buddies....too funny!! Good for Ellie!!!! Good job on your blog too!
Post a Comment