Today we took a family outting up to Sundance Ski Resort. It was Ellie's and Austin's first time on the slopes (well, more like bunny hill instead of slope). They had a blast. Ellie took to it like a duck to water. She only crashed twice and was ready to tackle the big kid slope by the end of her session with Rory,unfortunately Rory had another pupil to tend to-Austin. Ellie- the slopes await you another day. As for Austin he was in true Lake Powell form- fearless. He wanted to ride the big swing up to the top of the mountain too,but time was of the essence. Rory wanted to to ski a few runs too and since we brought Beck along with us, which I don't suggest bringing a baby to a ski resort or else you'll end up having to lock yourself in the elevator to do a quick diaper change simply because there was absolutely no place else to do it.,anyway, Beck only had so many hours of calm and happy behavior before he would get restless and cranky. We were down to about 40 min. by the time Rory went off by himself. Austin curled up in a chair and fell asleep and Ellie kept crying wanting to go skiing one more time. It was quite the outting and we look forward to going again soon.
6 years ago
2 comments:
So Carrie - I found your blog through Aaron & Traci's . . . its so fun finding everyone! I do have to say that Travis and I had a great time with the fam over Stewart's farewell . . . we're both glad we got snowed in. It really made us slow down and just enjoy the company instead of rushing from one place to the next. Travis and I both hope we get to see more of you all in the future! Sounds like your skiing adventure was something you'll never forget:)
Yeah! You published another post! Your skiing day sounded fun, although, I'm sure you were glad to get home. I told Aaron about it and he now wants to take a skiing trip! ;) Tell Ellie and Austin "Bravo" for braving the slopes.
Post a Comment