Friday, August 29, 2008

McCain and Palin for the White House

Up until 10:00 am today I had no desire to vote or participate in any way, shape or form in this years elections. I had a very pessimistic view of the government and how values, principles and integrity have gone by the wayside only to be replaced by greed, egos, selfishness and lies. It still is for the most part, but today John McCain announced his V.P. running mate and I felt excited and inspired by her story, her beliefs, and her political views. Sarah Palin is an extraordinary woman in my book. A mother of 5 ages 18 years- 4 months old she was a regular soccer mom who joined the PTA and was later appointed to the city council. She then became mayor and eventually succeed in defeating a 3 term governer for her present position- Govenor of Alaska. She was a star point guard on her schools basketball team, a life long member of the NRA, she hunts carribu and moose and helps with her husbands comercial fishing business ( her husband by the way looks like the marborl man skruff and all, she herself was a former beauty queen). They knew their 4 mo old would be born with down syndrom and made the correct choice in keeping him. She says they feel blessed that god would entrust such a perfect baby in their care and he has brought them unspeakble joy. That alone says what type of person she is. HEr oldest son who turned 18 last year immediately signed up for the army and will be leaving for Iraq on Sept. 11th. She reminds me of a steel Magnolia- feminine, compassionate, kind and gentle, but tough as nails at the same time. I look forward to seeing her views on all the issues and again, I just feel inspired that a person of her callibor, values and integrity has found her way to the for front of this electoin.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is awesome you made a political post! I was begining to wonder if anyone paid attention to the campaign trail. For the past week I've been crafting a political message of my own. Look for it after the RNC. ;) You need to post about your thoughts on Obama!