This week we celebrate Austin's 4th birthday and Beck's 1st. Austin was born 4/12/04 and although the first year of his life was given to more crying and screaming than any mother should be made to endure, we got through it and he has given us an additional 3 years of laughter, smiles and more laughter. Everyone who knows Austin, knows that he is very outgoing, saying hi to everyone who passes by and tries to carry on conversations with anyone who will stop and listen. He's shown his courage many times over at Lake Powell as he attempts everything his older uncles do, just on a smaller scale-water skiing, cliff jumping, wave runners, and anything else Rory can talk him into. What I love most about Austin is his tender heart. Not a day goes by where I don't hear "Mom, I love you so much." at least 4 times a day, each time followed by a kiss. On many occassions in the summer he has randomely picked whatever flowers exsisted on our struggling plants in the front yard and given them to me. He has brought so much joy into our lives and we love him very much.

Beck was born April 10, 2007. Even though he has only been in our family for 1 year he has packed more joy, love and happiness in that 1 year than many parents experience from their own kids in their whole childhood. Happiest baby in the world, easiest baby in the world, never cries and always happy are just a few ways he has been described. I wish it were true that he never cries, but believe it or not he does have his bad days, but they are few and far between. Beck has an incredibly sweet and playful spirit in him that hope remains with him throughout life. One year down and I look forward to the many years ahead. We love you Beck!
2 comments:
Wow!!! I didn't realize their birthdays were so close! :) They are the cutest things in the world! :) I love the picture with Austin at Lake Powell...start 'em young!!! :) Happy birthday boys!!
OK. I absolutely love the photo of Austin with chubby cheeks and eyes closed. Priceless.
Have fun celebrating!
Post a Comment